Director, Operational Management
|Reports to||Executive Vice President, Western Region|
|Job reference number||1302|
|Number of positions||1|
"The Power of Together"
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
The Director, Operational Management is responsible for providing operational and project-based support to enable the implementation of the regional business plan and will work with the EVP to develop the annual operational framework. The incumbent will collaborate with segment heads and senior managers to build both segment and individual plans, removing barriers as they manifest and also assist with the effective development and implementation of business, communication, distribution and underwriting strategies.
- Provide strategic leadership to the creation of the plans, working in collaboration with regional and segment heads and other operational leaders across the company.
- Lead selected projects in support of the operational framework.
- Review and analyze all aspects of the business plans and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge and understanding of company operations and procedures.
- Provide effective leadership, coaching and motivation of staff to ensure service and quality objectives are met.
- Post-graduate degree or professional designation (MBA, CA or other technical professional designation) is required.
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years’ experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Exposure to various demanding operational environments.
- Exposure across all levels of an organization with an understanding of cross-functional linkages and interdependencies.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence business decisions without authority.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels and with external partners and regulators.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency at managing multiple and changing priorities/projects, and delivering results.
- Demonstrated proficiency and resourcefulness in identifying and analyzing relevant data and defining critical issues and alternatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to high standards of performance and goals.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: January 15, 2013