Manager, National Operations
|Department||Northbridge Insurance Administration|
|Reports to||VP, Northbridge Insurance Operational Management|
|Job reference number||2-ON-2013|
|Number of positions||1|
"The Power of Together"
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Toronto office is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown Toronto core. We are easily accessible by TTC, GO Transit, or even on bicycle or on foot for those who live in the city. Just steps from First Canadian Place, and walking distance to great shopping and dining, it is an exciting and dynamic location.
The Manager, is a key resource to the VP, NBI Operational Management and is responsible for supporting efforts to develop, sustain and enhance an operational framework from which NBI:
- Develops its goals during the annual financial and operational planning cycle, and
- Executes its financial and operational goals throughout the year.
The individual we are seeking possesses strong analytical capability across both a financial and operational context. Possessing experience within more than one discipline would be an asset given the exposure of this role to Underwriting, Claims, Actuarial, Finance & Corporate Underwriting. Core responsibilities include: data management, communication through various mediums, leadership support and general operational support.
1. Data Management
- Support increased leadership understanding of results and related drivers.
- Involved in all areas of effective data management process including collection, manipulation, analysis and ensuring continued accessibility. Considering present and potential future objectives:
- Creating reports for analysis, both on an ad hoc basis or development of static reports, as required
- Analysing existing reports, possessing the ability to manipulate data to allow for deeper analysis.
- Accountable for sourcing & validating data issues – impacting the accessibility /reliability of data necessary to make informed management decisions. Maintain NBI working inventory of data issues –supporting the continual improvement of timely and credible data.
- Contribute to continued improvement of effective data management reporting or process, including liaising with other functional areas who are data/report owners.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing NBI Share Point platform to ensure timely and efficient accessibility of core reports to Northbridge Leadership.
- Development of materials, illustrations and presentations to effectively deliver objective (engage, inform, etc) message to a diverse range of audiences, including staff, leadership, executive, regulatory bodies, industry functions and boards.
- Support coordination and collaboration of various functional areas to ensure efficient and effective inter-dependent work efforts and strategies.
3. Leadership Support
- Support leadership meetings including regularly scheduled NBI Leadership and quarterly business reviews, as well as ad hoc meetings through:
- Development of material, proving general guidance to resources within functional business areas and maintaining action items and other output to ensure future accessibility and reference as required.
4. General Operational Support
- Participate within cross functional committees with a national perspective to support effective business processes:
- Financial and operational business planning framework
- Responsible for oversight of NBI expense plan adherence, identifying areas of concern or opportunity and making recommendations accordingly.
- Possess strong business partner relations at the executive level including Distribution EVPs, Corporate Actuarial, Corporate Finance & Planning, Corporate Underwriting, Market Management, IT and PMO
- Post-secondary education or completion of an MBA.
- Completion of the CIP/FCIP designation.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry.
- 4-7 years of experience in product and service development and management.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong general business skills.
- Ability to prepare a realistic, detailed business plan.
- Superior analytical, communication, financial, computer, project management, research, leadership, team building, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects through all phases, from concept to completion.
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Appreciation of challenge and a demonstrated ability to succeed and learn
- Past experience and/or a desire to work across an array of functional areas.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: February 27, 2013
Application Deadline: March 27, 2013