Sr. Adjuster, General Liability
|Department||Claims - GL Unit|
|Reports to||Manager, Claims|
|Job reference number||2013-015|
|Number of positions||1|
"The Power of Together"
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Toronto office is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown Toronto core. We are easily accessible by TTC, GO Transit, or even on bicycle or on foot for those who live in the city. Just steps from First Canadian Place, and walking distance to great shopping and dining, it is an exciting and dynamic location.
The Sr. Adjuster is responsible for providing efficient and prompt investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of larger size and/or complex claims in accordance with corporate guidelines and best practices.
- Investigate, appraise/scope, confirm coverage, negotiate settlement and recovery, and conduct reporting and documentation of claims of larger size and/or complex in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient payment of claims.
- Prepare summaries and files for litigation, mediation/arbitration, and multidisciplinary assessments.
- Adhere to service standards by communicating effectively with all parties involved.
- Develop relationships with other departments such as underwriting in order to meet business goals.
- Assist Manager with preparing/completing monthly statistical reports.
- Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance to national standards and regulatory standards and policies.
- Mentor and train less experienced claims and support staff as required.
- Work collaboratively with Supervisors and/or Managers on special projects and assignments when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience
- Minimum 5-7 years General Liability adjusting experience.
- Working knowledge of the company principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses and coverage questions.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Actively pursuing CIP/FCIP designation an asset.
- Fluently bilingual (English / French) is a definite asset
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: February 7, 2013