|Reports to||Senior Vice President, IT Strategic Planning & Governance|
|Job reference number||2013-022|
|Number of positions||1|
"The Power of Together"
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Toronto office is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown Toronto core. We are easily accessible by TTC, GO Transit, or even on bicycle or on foot for those who live in the city. Just steps from First Canadian Place, and walking distance to great shopping and dining, it is an exciting and dynamic location.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the team. As a Project Coordinator you will work closely with staff from all departments, and should have the ability to assist cross-functional project teams in modeling, scoping, developing and implementing solutions.
- Responsible for minute taking at project meetings and following up on identified actions items.
- Managing the coordination of meetings, which includes:
- Sending out meeting invitations
- Compiling and distributing agendas
- Booking meeting rooms
- Arranging for any resources or other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation.
- Tracking program status, managing schedule and performing time tracking of the project
- Preparing and delivering consolidated status reports
- Preparing consolidated time tracking and milestone reports
- Tracking progress against key milestones, updating the budget, and monitoring all project expenses
- Responsible for managing all project artifacts (e.g., Project Charter, Project Schedule, Minutes, Status, etc.) and adherence to project processes as dictated by Northbridge’s Project Methodology.
- Establishing and maintain organized electronic filing systems to ensure that business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available.
- Identifying and developing process enhancements where applicable.
- Act as resource to users, project groups, and management as necessary.
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a project management environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Project Management life cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of all standard PC software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite etc.) and Microsoft Project, Visio or equivalent other mapping or planning tools.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty industry, products and terminology is an asset
- Fluently bilingual (English / French) is an asset
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: February 22, 2013
Application Deadline: March 8, 2013