Senior Analyst, ERM
|Reports to||Director, ERM|
|Job reference number||2013-066|
|Number of positions||1|
"The Power of Together"
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Toronto office is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown Toronto core. We are easily accessible by TTC, GO Transit, or even on bicycle or on foot for those who live in the city. Just steps from First Canadian Place, and walking distance to great shopping and dining, it is an exciting and dynamic location.
The Senior Analyst, ERM is responsible for supporting the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function by analyzing risks and maintaining related financial models to identify, assess, monitor, and report various risks.
- Maintain risk management models to ensure they are current with the corporate risk framework, regulatory requirements, and expectations from rating agencies.
- Maintain the risk based capital framework and stress scenarios.
- Assist in the identification of emerging issues and develop mitigation strategies.
- Assist in ongoing and periodic analyses of the company’s risk management practices, in order to identify internal and/or external issues affecting the ability to work within the established risk framework.
- Perform statistical analysis at an advanced level and access various databases used in the analysis of underwriting exposures and other data.
- Demonstrate the core values in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Technical finance or business designation, or degree with moderate to heavy focus on mathematics and/or modelling, is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related modeling and analysis work experience. P&C insurance or other financial services industry experience is an asset.
- Risk management experience or certification is an asset.
- Financial modeling experience is an asset.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: May 1, 2013
Application Deadline: May 15, 2013